Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support in researching new production techniques and approaches to enhance production rates and reduce operating costs for marginal gas and oil wells.
- Assists with technical and economic evaluation of acquisition targets.
- Provides support to Executive Staff Engineer in evaluating new properties and the development of enhancement project plans.
- May provide assistance to Operations Engineers in evaluating, planning, and coordinating all aspects of workovers.
- Provides support in the development of detailed workover procedures.
- May assist Operations Engineers in researching well files and related data.
- Assists in the continual monitoring of workover procedures and practices to identify opportunities to improve overall economic results.
- Provides engineering and technical assistance to field operations as needed.
- Provides support to Executive Staff Engineer in managing and maintaining the well file system.
- Assists with monitoring engineering/operations technology changes for economic application to business.
- Provides support to Executive Staff Engineer in AFE development, management, and evaluation.
- Assists field operations with safety and environmental compliance administration and research.
- Provides support and coordination in the completion of Operations projects as needed.
- Performs work activities from the office and occasionally from field locations.
- Reports directly to Executive Staff Engineer.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering. Petroleum or Mechanical degree preferred.
- Previous exposure to Oil and Gas Operations and Engineering (1-5 years), specifically with marginal gas wells preferred, but not required.
- General down-hole knowledge combined with strong mechanical aptitude.
- General knowledge of all surface and down-hole production equipment including, plunger lifts systems, compression, and gathering systems.
- Well developed project management skills with capability to manage multiple diverse projects.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in group meetings and one-on-one.
- Experience in analyzing and performing trend analysis.
- Demonstrated skill in presenting information in a concise, economic-based manner.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to solve operational problems.
- Organized and administratively proficient with ability to manage time and workload effectively.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates.