The Operations Learning Manager, Southern California is based in the Inland Empire office but travels and covers all regional offices and onsite locations in Southern California, excluding the Greater Los Angeles area. Primary responsibilities for this position are to provide the training programs used to satisfy the initial and ongoing training needs for new and existing staff in Southern California. This includes Operations Learning/ Community Management; Human Resource training courses including Supervisor training; and Leadership Learning.
This position reports to the AVP of Education, with support and collaboration of responsibilities with the Executive Vice Presidents of Human Resources and of Southern California. This position is intended to provide training based on an established calendar in the Southern California regions; to identify training needs based on the Best Practice audits; to support the onboarding plans for Community Managers, General Managers, District and Regional Managers and Business Unit Leaders. Training may be by Webinar, but the desire is to offer considerable “knee to knee training” in person to aggressively level up learning needs.
Due to the nature of the qualifications for this position, the Operations Learning Manager may be called upon to assist with transitioning accounts, but will only manage one to two accounts solely as determined by the AVP of Education and the Inland Empire BUL(s). During account transitions where there may not be an assigned manager, day-to-day operations will be the responsibility of the assigned supervisor (District Manager, Regional Manager or BUL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Support training requirements for all new employees. Use of Wiki, LMS, Webinar and an emphasis on the use of company tools and processes is critical. From time to time, coordination of “classes” with internal experts and/or vendor partners will be desired.
• Partner with the Regional Controller for specific training on Client Accounting/ Financial Management for community management staff.
• Support supervisors with needs assessments for all staff, both new and existing, related to computer skills, customer service and job functions.
• Continually build awareness of best practices and their potential application to company procedures.
• Provide input and direction to Community Management Council for the development or updating of tool, process and training needs.
• Partner with IT Department on new software and strategies to provide training opportunities to all staff on demand through MeritCentral and other avenues as deemed appropriate.
• Collaborate with AVP of Education to ensure that training goals are continually evaluated and met.
• May involve development of LMS courses.
• As requested, provide support and strategic thinking to BUL’s for creative staff alignment/assignments to meet company and client needs.
• Administer District Manager Competencies as required
• Foster excellent relationships with strategic vendor partners in applicable Southern California areas to provide outside training opportunities for MERIT staff using approved internal curricula.
• Must be able to travel and drive to various locations throughout the State in order to meet with staff and conduct training classes.
• Partner with HR Department to ensure seamless transition during new employee’s on-boarding experience as it relates to training.
• Partner with HR Department to learn and deliver training programs offered by HR in Northern California including specific areas (Open Enrollment, Performance Management tools); Supervisor Training and Leadership Learning courses.
• Coordinates and monitors service of vendors to associations.
• When applicable, supervise on-site staff at associations.
• Oversees processing of customer service requests.
• Monitors violations and reports same to Board of Directors.
• Schedules, attends, and coordinates all follow-up following periodic walk throughs and prepares a punchlist which is distributed to all attendees.
• Reviews and authorizes payment of invoices.
• Organizes and maintains all association files in accordance with company procedures.
• Coordinates, schedules and attends Boards of Directors meetings for each of their accounts and the annual election process.
• Prepares and oversees distribution of monthly Board of Directors packets.
• Authors and coordinates with copy shop any mass mailings to the membership (budget information, newsletters, election information, etc.).
• Prepares bid specifications and coordinates obtaining of bids for services as necessary at each association.
• Reviews bids and quotations and prepares a thorough comparison of each bid to assist the board in choosing a vendor.
• Prepares a draft budget based on an average of actuals for each association a minimum of one time per year as required by Civil Code and the Board of Directors.
• Interacts and follows up with all Board members and homeowners regarding common area issues on each association managed.
• Any and all other assignments as deemed necessary by supervisor or management.
• Works effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
• Follows quality system procedures.
• Provide leadership assistance and guidance to all staff as requested, including participation in MERIT’s mentoring program
Group Meeting Participation
• Member of Community Management Council – meetings 6 x year
• Attend and support Community Management Function Meetings (10 x year).
• Staff Assignments as determined
• This position is intended to work with other supervisors to train and develop that person responsible for the employee’s performance. It is not intended to replace that role; and in fact, this position is required to report to up-level supervisors the learning requirements/competencies and deliverables of said supervisors and/or employees.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and MERIT’s proprietary software programs.
• Ability to create training materials, including PowerPoint slides and collateral hard-copy materials in a logical and easy-to-understand format.
• Provide engaging and useful seminars/classes for the continued educational advancement of all staff.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of California Law, especially those found in the Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act and other components of the California Condominium Blueboook.
• Understanding of eLearning systems and how they can be integrated into MERIT’s corporate culture.
• Ability to use and provide global view of all company training needs and orchestrate training programs as needed.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with vendors, internal clients, and company leaders.
• Must have high level of organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks as well as reprioritize tasks as needed based on incoming workflow.
• Continue personal growth and education through industry organizations such as CACM, CAI, ECHO and other external resources.
• Develop and stay within approved annual budget for department
• Solicit and evaluate outside training resources in conjunction with AVP of Education, then implement outside training programs strategically throughout the company.
• Follows Best Practices
• Adheres to all company deadlines
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three years or more with hands-on community management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• CCAM® or CMCA required.
• PCAM, AMS, and/or CIDMS a plus.
• Valid California Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
Requires driving; must have a valid drivers license, reliable transportation and State mandated vehicle insurance.
• Evening meetings and weekends may be required, based on business needs.
• Travel to regional and on-site offices may be required with multiple night stays.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 13 months ago
Sr. Training Specialist
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- 30+ days ago