The Operations Manager (Afilliated Programs) will provide practice management, financial, operational and marketing consultative support to existing Affiliate partners in the Joslin network.
S/he will develop strong relationships with executives and influencers at affiliate organizations. Develop financial models and provide advice to prospective affiliates to help grow Joslin’s Affiliated Programs network. Must be able to be a team leader for new Affiliate implementations i.e. project lead on all aspects of successful launch and implementation of new Affiliate partnerships.
- Approximately 40% of the time overall (8-10 days per month on the road)
- 2-4 visits to assigned Affiliates per year (one visit per quarter is initial target)
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at affiliates, as well as internal Joslin stakeholders to drive the overall performance of the Affiliate Program (AP). Provide consistent, proactive, consultative support to each Affiliate account, with emphasis on operational, financial and marketing parameters.
- Provide assistance and support to Center Administrators on issues related to annual budget development, program outcomes and profitability, practice management and clinic operations.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a Metrics offering that will enable tracking and analysis of key value drivers for Affiliates. Lead reviews of the Metrics with Affiliate decision-makers.
- In collaboration with hospital Affiliate administrators, and the AP team, establish annual performance goals (growth, financial, clinical indicators, quality improvement). Continuously assess progress towards goals and participate in the suggestion and implementation of programs and processes designed to help meet these goals.
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with regulations and issues affecting Affiliate performance, including Medicare regulations related to diabetes billing. Provide guidance to Affiliates to ensure compliance.
- Design and implement mechanisms of communication between Joslin-Boston and Affiliate accounts, working closely with AP staff on product development, marketing, and other areas.
- Prepare budgets, variance analysis and reforecasts for Affiliated Programs.
- Provide financial analysis, and business modeling, for Affiliate Clients and Affiliated Programs.
- Perform and support other budgetary, account and project management related activities for AP and Health Care Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in healthcare-related area preferred
- 7-10 years of practice management, or client service experience in healthcare industry, preferably in services to large institutions
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and account relationships in the healthcare industry
- Exposure to or management of hospital-based outpatient medical clinic office including activities such as scheduling, patient flow, customer service, supervising employees, quality improvement and marketing
- Knowledge of marketing and practice building strategies
- Proven knowledge and dexterity with hospital finance, including coding, billing and reimbursement for both outpatient and inpatient services; experience with education services preferred
- Client service orientation
- Data management and analysis experience, with ability to develop financial models, review data reports and develop meaningful interpretations for our affiliate clients
- Strong budget preparation, variance analysis and reforecasting experience. Strong financial analysis competency.
- Creative problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Electronic medical record and Diabetes experience desirable but not required
- Excellent interpersonal communication and marketing skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with senior hospital leaders
Joslin is an EEO M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 2 years ago