The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the administrative and clinical operations of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group offices by performing the following duties personally or through assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, and direct all administrative (front office), clinical (back office), and medical records operations of the medical practice(s).
- Assists in the development, review, and revision of standard operating policies and procedures in collaboration with senior management.
- Serves as the primary contact for facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll.
- Assists with development of operating and capital budgets; controls wage and non-wage expenses in accordance with the budgetary guidelines.
- Works in a collaborative role with other managers and related offices or organizations.
The Operations Manager directly supervises Operations and Clinical Supervisors, and all administrative and clinical support personnel, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
- Planning, assigning, directing work and determining work hours.
- Appraising performance and assist in staff development.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolving problems accordingly.
- Ensuring appropriate resources for clinical care; developing and maintaining inventory systems.
- Managing payroll, monitoring employees’ accruals and time off, and overtime usage.
- Ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients; participate in organization’s safety committee and implement recommendations as required.
- Understanding and enforcing the organization’s managed care and fee for service business requirements, including assignments of risk, copayments, use of appropriate specialty network, and utilization management as is appropriate..
- Manage the physician’s master schedules and organize all schedule changes; instruct staff accordingly, and make recommendations for schedule improvements.
- Assist Senior Management with the monitoring of performance measures and designing methods for improving the quality of care and service delivered in our physician practices.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
Bachelor’s Degree, three or more years medical office experience, preferably in a multi-specialty medical group setting, previous medical office management and/or supervisory experience.
Strong interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of patient and physician relations.
Proven track record with customer service, training, and ability to motivate others to effect positive change.
Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft office, IDX, or other computerized practice management systems preferred.
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...