Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Since 2006 Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services, which has become widely known as cloud computing. You now have an opportunity to join our team as we help existing and new cutting edge businesses take advantage of “the Cloud”. The AWS Support team has an opening for an Operations Manager who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We are seeking an Operations Manager with strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead a team of engineers responsible for supporting a wide range of customers. Your team will:
- Field technical support inquiries from customers.
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning.
- Make recommendations to customers about how new AWS offerings fit in their company architecture.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (be their voice).
- Work with some of the leading technologists around the world.
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience managing technical teams.
- Must be passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers.
- Must have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://aws.amazon.com/careers/
- Deep experience with AWS service offerings
- Experience with web services
- Past experience as a systems administration, network engineer, or software development engineer
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
Amazon.com - 18 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...