Provides complex and responsible administrative support requiring diplomacy and skill for the Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA). Interacts extensively with the public, Board members, volunteers, and colleagues.
• Is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of the Museum.
• Hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates visitor service personnel.
• Oversees MONA's reception desk and its functions of security and information hub.
• Monitors security and camera systems to ensure systems are operational.
• Coordinates facility and grounds upkeep with UNK Facilities and vendors; is actively involved with capital improvement projects.
• Assists Director with organization and implementation of weather-related and incident-related emergency procedures.
• Markets and coordinates rental events at MONA.
• Records class enrollments and payments.
• Tabulates incoming receipts; gives cash and checks to the Membership Coordinator; reconciles the bank deposit total with tabulation to insure consistency and accuracy.
• Takes deposits to the bank.
• Initiates Accounts Receivable invoices and ARTreach contracts. Maintains payment records.
• Initiates check processing procedures by completing check requests for delivery to contract Accountant. Maintains all financial records provided by the Accountant.
• Prepares MONA Guild deposits and disbursements; maintains check register and reconciles with bank statement; prepares monthly reports.
• Sells tickets and reconciles receipts for MONA events, including Spirit and Cabaret.
• Manages petty cash fund for MONA staff, retaining receipts, maintaining a ledger of expenditures, and compiling information for Accountant.
• Prepares monthly sales/use tax and files electronically.
• Provides documents and information to Accountant and auditors for annual audit of MONA's activities.
MONA Board Activities:
• Is the contact staff member for the 50-member Board, second to the Director.
• Arranges for food and beverage for MONA's quarterly Board meetings, sets up meeting room, and records and prepares meeting minutes for review.
• Keeps track of expected attendance for Board and meetings of eight committees.
Office Activities :
• Receives, assists, and directs all office visitors; answers and directs telephone calls.
• Distributes incoming mail; processes outgoing mail and delivers to campus.
• Maintains and orders office supplies.
• Is knowledgeable about the operations of office equipment.
• Exhibits competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, related software, and web-based applications.
• Maintains Master Calendar and Event worksheets of all events at MONA.
• Tabulates monthly attendance statistics.
• Processes campus forms including accounting, budget, human resources, facilities, travel, etc.
• Assists the Volunteer Coordinator of the Weaver Museum Shop in coordinating volunteers and distributing the monthly Shop volunteer calendar.
Public Relations Activities:
• Responds to inquiries from the public, volunteers, and staff.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
Required: Two years college coursework or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated writing and oral skills, close attention to detail, and a strong customer service demeanor. Ability and enthusiasm to work in a collegial, team-focused work setting.
Preferred: Bachelor degree preferred. Museum experience a plus.
University of Nebraska at Kearney - 4 months ago