Job ID: 3662687
Operation Manager - NYC
Responsible for managing the day to day security operations for an assigned group of clients throughout Midtown and Downtown NY and approximate 2,300 hpw worth in security business. . Prior operations/management experience in industries other than security welcome... Corporate or residential security experienced a plus... Salary range for this position is $47 to $50K annually plus bonus!!!
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. Our more than 50,000 employees and 100 offices service a client base of several thousand which includes approximately 200 Fortune 500 companies nationwide. AlliedBarton has been American owned and managed since 1957. As the first security services company selected as one of Training magazine's Top
125 training companies for five consecutive years, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for security officers, support and management personnel.
Description: Accountable for day to day operations of multiple assigned accounts & hiring/firing staff. Build, improve & maintain relationships with clients & employees; develop, retain staff; coordinate needed support services to effectively run the account to meet or exceed financial & operational goals & provide quality customer service. Report to DM or Area Manager.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
* Supervise the day to day security operations of a portfolio of Client Sites
* Manage multiple teams of Security Officers, Site and Shift Supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support.
* Ensure a portfolio of clients is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
* Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both clients and employees.
* Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client sites to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
* Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met
* Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately
* Other management responsibilities as determined by Clients or District Manager
* Ability to conduct Risk Assessments
* Knowledge of Security Electronic Systems
* College degree in Business Administration/Criminal Justice or equivalent experience.
* At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience.
* 4 years of experiences in a supervisory role with the ability to effectively manage multiple groups of off-site staff in multiple locations.
* Effective Organizations Skills and Attention to detail.
* Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience preferred.
* Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
* Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining staff.
* Strong time management experience required with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
* Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
Operations Manager (RAM) Client/Job Specific Skill Qualifications:
1. Staff Management
* Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates.
* Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, MSO training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.).
* Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate Support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate (Change of Status forms, rosters, etc.).
* Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at each site.
* Provides the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
2. Enforcement of Contract Standards
* Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
* Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet AlliedBarton's corporate training standards.
* Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to client and coordinate preliminary investigations.
* Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.
* Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff.
* Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies & vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
* Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, bonus potential, training and opportunities for advancement. Salary range for this position is $47 to $50K annually plus bonus...
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
CareerBuilder - 23 months ago
Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security firms in...