The Operations Manager reports to the Regional Vice
President Operations. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing of Regional
maintenance/turnarounds/Capital projects execution and governance in line with
Transfield Services R&E processes, such that key budget, operational,
safety and client requirements are met and exceeded. To be accountable at the
P&L level for the delivery of the regions budgets/forecasts, to meet
business growth and performance targets.
The Operations Manager will also be expected to manage and grow the business, while
maintaining operational performance, financial margins, and client
relationships, amongst Downstream Oil & Gas/Chemical customers currently and
ultimately across new sectors such as mining, power, wind farms, and upstream
oil & gas.
This successful candidate
will provide leadership to its regional teams, providing clear
expectations/accountability, provide the climate for success, and build
capability amongst own team. Be a role model in terms of leadership and to
build strong support/ relationships
with all levels of client leadership. He
or she will also identify and develop new business opportunities. Finally, he or she is to ensure that
resources have the requisite technical & commercial skills needed for their
roles, and build succession pipeline for all key roles.
values and ensures the values are incorporated into the development, field management
and performance and accountability of the team.
including client relationships, HSE, Quality, Cost, Resources and Financials.
- Direct accountability for sustainable regional operations
specialist advice and performance issues related to
- Provides assistance to all support site staff/project managers for
maintenance/shutdown/turnaround activities as required.
manager and HR to establish succession & workforce planning for key
- Identify key resource requirements and engage with regional
execution roles to be signed off by Regional VP of Operations.
industry trends and developments, incorporating new or better techniques or
technologies into own operational area, and ensure that this knowledge is
shared with others across R&E
maintenance divisions. Drives a continuous improvement and best practice culture across
the Operations Group.
and new growth targets, as well holding contract managers to drive leverage
- To be fully engaged and help drive BD activities for opportunities
work from existing clients.
Transfield Services processes and risk philosophy is being applied to
- Ensures appropriate process are in place for verification that
Maintenance, Turnarounds and Projects activities across the region, including
overseeing maintenance of an annual schedule of audits and reviews.
operational teams to build robust succession planning.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within the development and
Bachelor’s degree in project management
or business preferred
demonstrable knowledge of OSHA legislation & duty of care.
- Strong financial skills, people skills, and
development and the interplay between contracts, operations and commercial
- Essential to have an understanding of business
building Client Relationships at all
- Demonstrable existing in establishing new and
Health, Safety, Quality & Environment:
and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory
- Comply with Transfield Services Risk Management, Quality Assurance
processes or systems.
- Promote & champion ‘Our Way’ HSE culture.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 5%
Monster - 2 years ago