Position is responsible for the leadership of Vitacost.com operations in our state-of-the-art |
fulfillment center. This manager will work directly with all aspects of Vitacost.com employees, ranging from warehouse associates through to the executive levels of the company. This position goes beyond a typical management desk-job...expectations are to implement processes within operations that drive a culture of exceptional customer experience, at the lowest possible cost, and with the highest possible speed and accuracy.
- Oversees and inspires all Fulfillment Team Leads and Associates.
- Proactively implements solutions for continuous improvement.
- Learns Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Utilizes metrics to manage workflow.
- Helps construct annual budget and ensures performance at or above that standard.
- Ensures safety levels are far above industry standard.
- Drives a culture of exceptional customer experience...every day.
- Demonstrates understanding of customers' needs and how to deliver results; adopts a systematic and organized approach to producing immediate results.
- Coach and challenge employees to maximize performance, embrace change, and anticipate customer needs.
- Hire, develop, train, and promote high performing individuals who will provide quality support to customers.
- 3-5 years of management experience within customer service, operations, production, supply chain, process improvement, or other related professional areas is required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience and success with Lean Management or The Toyota Production System is preferred.
- Expert in Excel, Power Point, and Word (SQL, SPC, and/or statistical background a huge plus).
- Prefers driving continuous improvement versus day-to-day managing.