3rd shift role |
The Operations Manager (OM) will provide support to the Ramp Operations Manager (ROM) to enhance rail relations, ensure access to adequate capacity in the marketplace, and drive critical key factors (service, billed ratio, dray productivity, cost/dray). The OM is accountable to coach/mentor Intermodal Team Leader’s (ITL) and/or Fleet Manager’s (FM) to achieve specific customer service and key factor goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes safety-conscious decisions. Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures.
2. Makes sound decisions which balance all sides of the “Value Triangle” (customer, driver, office associate, business) which result in a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Provides on going direction and leadership to driver and internal associates to ensure superior customer service and key factor achievement through the use of the Performance Management Model.
4. Establishes solid business relationships and maintains open, accurate and timely two-way communications with drivers, internal associates, and local ramp managers.
5. Facilitates ITL and FM individual development, education, and training through daily coaching and regular business partnerships and performance appraisals.
6. Collaborates with others in the organization to identify and implement both local and global creative solutions to improve retention.
7. Coordinates the seamless transfer of drivers to other LOB’s or OC’s as part of a retention solution or driver career development.
8. Ability to effectively facilitate group meetings for both internal and driver associate groups.
9. Serves as a resource for all ITL’s and FM’s in need of floor leadership. Ability to prioritize and determine the most effective use of time and talents in order to meet business objectives.
10. Provides guidance to ITL’s and FM’s in regards to hiring, development, performance management, and termination of associates.
11. Leads associates to see beyond daily responsibilities to identify and champion initiatives to improve business results using proven process improvement methodologies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years of fleet management/dispatch management experience.
2. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated mastery in a Intermodal Team Leader role.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methods and desire to lead the integration of them into operational processes and/or activities.
4. Commitment and successful experience with coaching and developing others.
5. Demonstrated excellence as an empowering leader in a dynamic, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
6. Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make best overall value decisions based on considering cost, customer expectations, driver needs and other factors.
7. Solid judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills and a proven record of taking the initiative and responsibility in using those skills effectively, both individually and as a member of a team.
8. Ability to function in a high-stress environment.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate and listen effectively with people of diverse opinions and backgrounds.
Schneider National - 17 months ago
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...