The Operations Manager normally is responsible for the second shift operation in a Plant or RLC. This position manages and directs the operation under the direction of the Plant Manager.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet company needs and business requirements.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this job and teamwork, cooperation, and project supervision are required for proper job performance.
- Oversee facility in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding daily, weekly, and monthly production goals.
- Review daily reports to improve operation.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports to ensure constant improvement in operation.
- Maintain quality standards as outlined by the customers quality criteria and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation and enforcement of all company policy and procedures.
- Motivate, encourage, train, and challenge supervisors and employees.
- Complete and administer performance reviews as needed and provide constant feedback.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, and retention of employees.
- Properly communicate any and all problems or concerns to the Plant Manager.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for ones conduct.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Three to seven years related experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Valid Drivers License Forklift Drivers Certification
Propak Corporation - 13 months ago
Propak is a proactive provider of leading-edge logistics, transportation and supply chain management solutions.
We are a customer...