ArcelorMittal is currently seeking qualified applicants for Operations Shift Manager positions at our facilities in Northwest Indiana.
An Operations Shift Manager is a salaried, supervisory position responsible for managing a shift crew to meet the required production and quality goals and identifying activities needed to maintain equipment in top condition in order to produce high quality steel used in demanding applications for both internal critical quality as well as external surface quality. Candidates must be self motivated and have the ability to lead a diverse unionized workforce. The person filling this role must be capable of working in extreme environmental conditions in a multi-tiered production facility.
As an Operations Shift Manager at ArcelorMittal USA, you will perform technical and supervisory duties, including but not limited to:
- Enforcing safety regulations, conducting daily safety communications, monitoring monthly safety activity, and conducting safety inspections as needed
- Investigating and troubleshooting operational issues
- Creating, reading and analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Inspecting materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate operations and maintenance activities within or between departments
- Planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Directing and coordinating the activities of a union represented work crew
- Demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assigning employees to experienced workers for training
- Observing work to ensure that operators conform to production standards
- Resolving employee problems, complaints, or grievances
- Interpreting specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees
- Maintaining an active housekeeping program to ensure a safe, clean and productive facility.
This position requires strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal. The ability to use to use computers operating Microsoft Office and other packaged software applications is essential.
Candidates will be expected to work rotating shifts.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of an associate degree in a technical field, including science, engineering, technology, or a non-technical field, such as operational supervision or business management, and at least two (2) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment. In addition, the Company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency at this level.
ArcelorMittal USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArcelorMittal - 12 months ago
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...