Job Summary and Key Responsibilities
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day dock and driver operations of UPS Freight Service Centers. He/she analyzes operational data to understand productivity, service, and quality targets. This position works with the service center management team to carry out action plans and improve service level results. He/she conducts meetings with the operations team to communicate performance results and to reinforce safety and quality expectations. This position oversees hourly employees and administrative staff within the department.
In managing dock operations, this individual observes and monitors dock work practices and documents safety and quality issues. The Operations Supervisor coaches dock workers and reviews their performance metrics. This position manages driver operations by dispatching drivers for freight pick-up and delivery requests, monitoring driver production levels, and tracking driver hours to ensure DOT compliance. The Operations Supervisor also analyzes operation plans to schedule drivers and dock workers based on workload projections, determines trailer utilization, and adjusts staff and trailer loads for high priority shipments.
- Respond to and resolve customer concerns
- Inform customers of rates and shipment status
- Determine employee training needs and provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Applies knowledge of tools, equipment and technology to properly and safely transport shipments
- Applies legal, regulatory and safety compliance knowledge to reduce company risk
- Applies knowledge of health and safety and related laws and regulations to drive company processes, programs, procedures and practices related to work safety, and accident and injury prevention
- Applies an understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business area
- Applies knowledge of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
- Manages and uses details, facts and information to thoroughly and accurately plan and complete work
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must have experience in a production/processing environment and/or trucking industry.
- Experience supervising employees is preferred.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...