We have an opening for a Night Shift Operations
Supervisor in our Middleboro, MA, plant where we produce Sweetened Dried Cranberries, cranberry concentrate, and package fresh fruit. In this role, you will report to the Plant Operations Manager and have responsibility for:
- Providing leadership and overall direction for a production team of 25 to 50 employees.
- Leading team activities to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a safe, timely, cost-effective, highest quality manner according to specifications.
- Coordinating daily scheduling and payroll accounting of production crews.
- Ensuring effective results by developing, monitoring, and reporting measures.
- Developing, coordinating, and overseeing process flows.
- Also responsible for budget management, maintenance support, process control coordination, quality assurance, reliability, and sanitation efforts.
- Leading continuous improvement projects.
- Executing change management programs.
- Effectively training, developing, coaching, and appraising employees.
- Maintaining positive employee relations.
- This position will be required to work nights on 12 hour shifts in a 7/24/365 manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience in a union manufacturing environment with a BA/BS in a related field.
- Food and beverage and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Very strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work in close proximity to electrical, mechanical, and pressurized equipment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & SAP).
- Experience in creating documented procedures that support repeatability.
- Sound familiarity with state and federal employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing constantly changing workload.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in team environment and at various organizational levels, internally and externally
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Schedule flexibility is required for this position.
- Strong desire for personal development and career progression.
- Previous experience in utilizing continuous improvement processes.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 15 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...