UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking a part-time Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
- Requisition #: 270840680
- Job Category: Operations
- Operation: Operations
- Job Group: PT Management
- Job Grade: 099
- Job Code: 1497
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: LANDOVER, MD 20785 - WASHINGTON
This person will be responsible to:
Previous dock operations and/or supervision experience within the transportation industry preferred.
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
- Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
- Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
- Work with Central Dispatch to develop a linehaul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
- Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company’s run bid process, and service requirements
Position is approximately 27-30 hours a week.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or equivalent
UPS - 24 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...