First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The purpose of this position is to act as administrator and manage the work order management and inventory management systems. This includes all asset hierarchy; task/job codes, parts number system, inventory levels/values and ensuring projects are being billed correctly with supporting documents.
This position can be based at either of the First Wind corporate offices in Boston, MA or Portland, ME.
- Maintain and serve as administrator for work order management system and inventory management system
- Audit work orders against ADP timesheets and report variances
- Maintain inventory master parts list including supply chain information and ensure inventory levels, pricing and selling prices are correct
- Bill projects for labor and parts usage which will entail working closely with accounting and FP&A to assist in implementing the procedure, also auditing monthly and providing billing substantiation
- Implement Great Plains inventory and until integrated with inventory management system update GP inventory monthly to current levels and provide supporting documentation to accounting
- Assist in tracking and filing warranty claims for parts, as needed
- Initiate purchase orders for parts, place orders as needed, audit and approve vendor invoices, issue work orders for LTL and truck load freight, provide accruals at month end for parts
- Provide training and guidance at the project level and work directly with operations management to train technicians and other needed staff
- Assist Project Controls Manager with purchase orders and contracts for third party services as needed and be able to provide back-up in PCMs absence
- Support Operations site staff in the field for timely response to issues affecting down turbines
- Previous experience in the wind energy or related industry preferred
- Previous experience in inventory/supply management and billing preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel and aptitude for learning new inventory/work order system quickly
- Some knowledge of basic accounting terminology and practices and AP/AR procedures necessary
- Willing and able to assist Commercial Asset Management and Operations teams as needed to keep turbines running and help meet financial and operational targets
- Able to travel to project sites or other First Wind offices a few times a year if needed for training or meetings (< 10% of time)
- Detail-oriented and collaborative personal style. Comfortable working in fast-paced environment and exercising appropriate judgment without close supervision.
First Wind - 2 years ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...