Targa Resources, Inc. (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking an Operations Technician for their facility located in Galena Park, TX.
The Operations Technician at the Galena Park Marine Terminal will primarily be responsible for the safe and efficient cargo transfer operation of the marine docks and related shore equipment. Shore equipment includes pumps, compressors, valves, heaters, boilers, truck rack, dehydration and refrigeration systems. The Galena Park Marine Terminal in Galena Park, TX is a DOT and USCG regulated facility
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid Texas driver’s license
• Access equipment on barges and ships, some heavy lifting and tugging on ropes, hoses & loading arms, operating valves
• Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, subject to callouts & overtime
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Windows applications
• Able to obtain a USCG Tankerman’s license
• Able to work in a self-managed work team environment and take direction from team
• Must be a self-starter and flexible; able to plan and manage multiple tasks
• Able to work with a multi-national customer base
• Able to obtain a TWIC card.
• Previous marine LPG/Chemical terminal experience with above-mentioned equipment
• College courses in process technology, process controls and instrumentation
• USCG Tankerman’s license holder
• Previous Mechanical/I&E experience a plus
• Has a valid TWIC card
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Targa Resources - 2 years ago