Configures, operates, monitors, and support the use of current and future network systems providing distance learning, telemedicine, and satellite broadcasting services for use by faculty, staff, and students. |
While performing this job, the employee must display the ability to stand, walk, bend, and/or sit, while continuously performing essential job functions; to speak and hear using a standard telephone and/or headset; to adjust knobs, switches, and similar devices.
To visually observe motion color images, and to complete paperwork manually, or through the use of a computer or electronic typewriter for generating documentation and correspondence.
Work is performed under usual administrative office, broadcasting, and network control center conditions, with extensive use of telephones, computers, audio mixers, video monitors, routing and production switchers, and related equipment.
- Performs technical operation of the IT/Telecommunications Sub-Control facilities, and remote classroom facilities.
- Serves as the direct customer support interface between network users and the various video conferencing networks and systems.
- Recognizes and reports network and/or system failures and impairments; performs system-level fault diagnosis and restoral actions in coordination with Telecommunication Services technical departmental staff and applicable TTUHSC and external agencies.
- Informs customers of system restoral actions in progress, to include the impact on their network events and the expected/actual time of the system’s return to service.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. No experience required.
- Knowledge of the operation of video recording and playback equipment, the technical setup and functional checking of audio and video equipment.
- Knowledge of video TV or TV control room operations.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Dallas
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V. is required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
- Position demands manual dexterity, hearing and visual acuity.
Hourly Pay Range
9.33 - 13.16
Monthly Pay Range
1617.20 - 2281.07
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
As an EEO /AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.