We have a Operator - Heavy Equipment position open in Lenoir, NC.
The Operator - Heavy Equipment operates heavy equipment at a transfer station, recyclery and/or landfill for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in a productive and safe manner.
Representative Responsibilities - Operator - Heavy Equipment:
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment, and ensures windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean.
- Operates equipment including excavator, compactor, bulldozer, forklift, front end loader and other equipment, using proper techniques.
- Monitors waste for signs of unacceptable waste.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans tracks or wheels on equipment.
- Performs and documents minor service on equipment.
- Completes Equipment Condition Report and reports any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or Maintenance Shop. Completes other required forms.
- Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced and stored at the end of each shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Valid certificate(s) of training for use of equipment, as required.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years of experience as an equipment operator.
- Previous experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 2 years ago
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...