Who We Are:|
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Responsible for operating and maintaining shop and production equipment, which includes:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Performs duties as required to insure compliance with the plant’s quality standards.
- Performs routine manual or mechanical production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Stages and maintains packaging materials and follows correct packaging/banding procedures.
- Inputs data on a computer terminal to identify, label, and palletize finished products.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- May operate briquetter. Ensures briquetter is running properly. Removes all briquettes from the conveyor, stacks briquettes on pallets according to scrap class, and weighs and tags scrap pallets for shipment.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard canmaking techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to learn operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V