Who We Are:|
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, E
Position Title: End—Bagger/Operator/Inspector Position Grade: NA
Reports To: Supervisor, Plant Production Date: 02/21/2013
Company: Ball Corporation Exemption Status : Hourly
Group: Metal Food Container Operations
Plant: Springdale, AR No: 23
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans, and
objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Performs routine manual or mechanical production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
2. Maintains packaging materials and follows proper banding procedures.
3. Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
4. Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished products.
5. Assists maintainer in replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area as supplied.
6. Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
7. Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
8. Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
9. Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for your area of responsibility.
10. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
11. Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
12. Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
13. Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
14. Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
15. Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
16. Required to work scheduled shift per the needs of the plant. While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 8 hours 5 days a week, other working hours may be specified by management such as a 4 days on, 4 days off, rotating monthly days to nights. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
17. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
18. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
19. It is the essential function of the job that the individual will not be a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves, others, or property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
20. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
21. Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description.
22. Must follow company policies, policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Works under general supervision.
- Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Communication, have the ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow
direction or planning.
- Action Oriented. Works hard; is action oriented and full of energy; not fearful of acting with a minimum of
external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the quality expectations and requirements of internal and
internal and external customers and gains their trust and respect.
judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate.
- Decision Quality. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and
change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Learning on the Fly. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to
to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the
- Building Effective Teams. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes;
- Drive For Results. Can be counted on; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for
obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical
follow safety practices.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ASSESSMENT
- See attached Physical Demands Assessment form.
Performing your normal, essential duties and responsibilities
Scheduled Shift Hours 8.0
Minus Breaks/Lunch Time – .8
Using the numbers above, divide into the following activities:
Standing (Stationary) 6.2
In terms of the work shift: “Occasionally” = 1%-33%, “Frequently” = 34%-66%, “Continuously” = 67%-100%
- Total 7.2 *(These totals should be the same)
Breakdown the activity by percentage under Work Height.
Floor to Waist
Waist to Shoulder
Climbing ladders and stairs
urope and Asia.