The optometrist position involves seeing pre/post operative laser vision correction patients. Main responsibilities involve determining candidacy of patients, motivating candidates to proceed with refractive surgery in order to generate revenue and increase the number of treated eyes to meet/exceed company goals. Follow-up care involves providing medical management of patients to achieve high patient satisfaction and excellent visual outcomes. This drives word of mouth referrals and ultimately increases market share.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (List in order of importance):
Provide pre/post-operative care for refractive surgery patients by practicing with high ethical standards. Manage patient wait time, treat all patients with respect, and facilitate in producing raving fans.
Partner with Center Director (CD) to maximize center performance. This involves meeting regularly to ensure toolkit analysis is followed, reviewing pricing strategy and local competition, and implementing local ideas/incentives to reach monthly goals. Coordinate local staff education/training and maintain high patient satisfaction by participating in the total team approach.
Assuring that the Best Practices model is followed/maintained in center/market as role in standardization of Lasik Plus business.
Taking personal ownership of the center metrics and having abilities to seek solutions for ways to improve performance. Areas of focus are decreasing noncandidacy, increasing conversion, increasing 7 days scheduling, helping in surgery show rate and deposit collection performances, increasing market share and revenue, and increasing in positive patient word of mouth referrals.
Keep up to date on industry with respect to new technology, philosophies, standard of care, and awareness of future advancements.
Continual awareness of potential business opportunities in local and corporate market to advance the entire business.
Awareness of surgical outcomes and trends. Establish and evolve surgeon relationship to develop and improve treatment protocols, candidacy criteria, overall increase the patient experience.
Provide on-call services for the clinic on a rotating schedule to ensure patient care is maintained at the highest level.
Self evaluation of performance and identification of strengths and areas of improvement. Foster an overall leadership role through model behavior, communication, and being open to other view points while continually striving for excellence.
Communication with Associate Director of Optometry with regards to center needs, medical/candidacy questions, and performance issues that arise throughout the year. Communication with Regional Director and/or VP with regards to ideas that have proven to increase performance in center and may be beneficial throughout organization, as well as obstacles that may be preventing the success of the center and local team.
Keeping staff motivated to reach and surpass monthly goals for center/market by setting examples, putting the team first, and creating an enjoyable work environment.
Obtaining a minimum of 2 extra state optometric licenses to help facilitate coverage in the LasikPlus OD cross licensure initiative.
Describe the type and degree of supervision this incumbent receives:
1. Assoc. Director of Optometry, VP of Operation, Regional Director and Center Director
2. Medical supervision in conjunction with center ophthalmologist, lead ODs, and Assoc. Director of Optometry and/or Director of Optometry.
3. Business supervision in conjunction with VP of Operation, Regional Director and Center Director.
4. You will report directly to the Center Director.
Describe the degree of decision making authority this incumbent is given:
1. Full authority of medical management in consultation and agreement with the ophthalmologist and company practice.
Describe physical demands:
1. High volume practice with expectations of seeing 60+ patients/day, which include both pre and post-operative patients and surgery patients.
Describe the work environment and list equipment that must be used:
1. A clean, well equipped ophthalmological practice with technical support and corporate business management.
2. Open during patient friendly business hours, which includes some nights and weekends.
Education / Experience
Describe the Minimum education and experience requirements:
1. OD degree
2. Prior refractive experience preferred, but willing to train.
Describe in detail the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors required to be successful in the position:
1. Ability in quick thinking in medical decision making abilities.
2. Ability to provide empathetic care to large populations/demographics of patients. Ability to conform to different patient personalities
3. Ability to quickly to learn and manage a variety of eye related medical conditions.
4. Ability to have business sense to accomplish short/long term goals of growth and increasing market share.
5. Comfortable in a sales environment.
6. Generally warm personality;
7. Ability to possess good communications skills, and overall professional appearance.
List any other screening criteria you would like to include that may help in recruiting and/or professional development processes:
1. Goal oriented
2. Self driven
3. Motivating personality
4. Ability to cooperate well with others
5. Team player
6. Ability to self teach
7. Ability to adapt to changes in industry as well as organizational needs
8. Strong leader
LCA-Vision, Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
LCA-Vision Inc. is a provider of fixed-site laser vision correction services at its LasikPlus vision centers. The Company’s vision...