Ophthalmic Technician- Full Time
Health Services - General[ ]
The Lasik Vision Institute, LLC is one of the leading, laser vision correction companies in the United States. Thanks to our exceptional track record, we are currently growing, adding to our numerous Lasik Centers in 18 states where we specialize in Advanced CustomVue LASIK Technology. We attribute our growth to superb execution with Customer Service and care through our outstanding, experienced teams and our exceptional Optometric and Refractive Surgeon partners.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Ophthalmic Technician for our center in Birmingham, AL
Skills:Experience and Position Requirements:
- Collects and calculates diagnostic data: K readings, refraction, visual fields, PAM (Potential Acuity Meter).
- Documents patient history, performs visual acuity and glaucoma tests.
- Prepares laser room and instruments for surgery.
- Enters data into laser and calibrates laser for each patient.
- Assists surgeon in laser correction procedure.
- Manages patient flow from pre-op through surgery to post-op phase.
- Provides post operative progress reports to the surgeon and/or optometrist.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all medications and medical supplies.
- Monitors laser room and clinic equipment; maintains records regarding equipment service, testing and safety according to company policy and procedure.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment.
Previous Ophthalmic experience required.
Must be able to manually refract.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interact with patients/physicians.
Versatile skills to act independently and also in a highly effective cross trained team setting.
Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail
Birmingham, Alabama USA
2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd
03/28/2013 / Viewed 5 times
You need to login to view Contact Details of this job.
Please submit your resume to [click on "Apply Online" button]
This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - TheJobNetwork. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: lpn, ophthalmic assistant, ophthalmology, Full Time, Location: BIRMINGHAM, AL - 35233
TheJobNetwork - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard