About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for establishing labor utilization measures, goals and performance standards across the system. This is accomplished by providing information, knowledge, and leadership to support evidence based decision making and by facilitating improvements of performance and operations. Facilitation is accomplished by applying management science and management engineering methodologies including, management tools (queuing theory), Lean / Six Sigma techniques, work assessment and re-design, work sampling, descriptive and analytical statistics and forecasting as they relate to labor operations. This position monitors performance against established targets, working with facility leaders and staff to improve labor utilization, operational effectiveness, and adherence to targets/budgets.
- Provides analysis and expertise in the development of system-wide department standard units of service to measure workload and labor utilization. These standards support productivity monitoring, operational benchmarking, scheduling and cost accounting.
- Establishes system-wide department targets for labor standards, utilizing both internal and external benchmarks and identification of “best practice” both internal and external. Ensures strategies and projects are linked to system strategic initiatives.
- Measures and analyzes performance using statistical analysis and other techniques; may include the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that provide such measures. Manages analysis based on knowledge of healthcare operations, systems thinking, and process design; identifies improvement opportunities, utilizes quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary information sources; applies management science and analysis techniques and tools such as modeling, analytical statistics, queuing theory, forecasting, and more.
- Works in collaboration with clinical operations staff related to staff scheduling and finance decision support that supports the productivity management system. This position plays a key role in roll-out of scheduling system which will support labor utilization goals.
- Consults with and recommends selection of process improvement methodologies and facilitates process improvement to support facility achievement of labor utilization targets/budget and labor operations effectiveness.
- Consults with and assists clinical and operational leadership at all levels of the organization regarding labor performance issues and analyzes operational issues based on operations information and knowledge as well as quantitative skills. This position provides expertise in labor and operational tool development that assists leaders in achieving labor and operational targets.
- Provides formal and informal training for management, physicians, staff, and other constituencies related to labor measurement (data collection) and analysis leading to positive operational improvements relating to labor and labor workflow.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative, industrial engineering, business or healthcare related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years experience in healthcare operational/financial management and project/standardization work at multiple facilities.
Must possess the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative process improvement techniques and perform advanced data analysis. Must be proficient with one or more operating systems, spreadsheets, database managers, presentations programs, and word processors. Must demonstrative effective human relations and strong communications and presentation skills as well as the ability to identify and meet customer needs in a team environment.
Masters degree in a quantitative, industrial engineering, business or healthcare related field.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.