A9.com, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. We are dedicated to the continued development of powerful, intelligent and intuitive search and advertising technologies that make it easy to locate products and services.
As a small office, we have a culture of creative problem-solving, intellectual design, fast-paced development and passionate product delivery. Plus, as a subsidiary, we have the longevity and resources of a larger company and the ability to introduce quickly our technology to millions of users.
We are seeking experienced, talented, energetic and self-driven individuals to join our Advertising Technology Platform team. The platform powers fast-growing, state-of-the-art online advertising programs for Amazon.com, other prime online properties and hand-held devices, and it is built with large-scale, distributed web services utilizing the latest technologies.
As an Optimization Engineer, you will:
What you need:
- Design, develop launch and support server-side code for optimizing advertisements that are run on Amazon.com
- Build real-time data-processing systems
- Develop machine learning algorithms to predict user behavior
- Run regular A/B experiments to measure the impact of your optimizations
You are going to love this job because you will:
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: information retrieval, data mining, machine learning, and large-scale distributed system design
- Strong statistical, math, analytical abilities and exceptional problem solving skills
- Object-oriented development experience (Java preferred)
- An understanding of server side software, scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with Map/Reduce and SQL is desirable
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Work at the intersection of two of the leading Internet business models: Advertising and Retail
- Have a significant and measurable impact on the bottom line
- Work on high-impact initiatives that reach large audiences
- Work alongside other top-notch engineers, product managers and business owners on web-scale products and technologies
- Have access to the vast technical tools and resources of Amazon.com
What began as Earth's biggest bookstore has become Earth's biggest everything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon.com in...