The Optoelectronic Packaging Engineer is responsible for developing semiconductor optoelectronic and other optical component packaging from proof-of-concept prototype all the way through final manufacturing design documentation and product qualification. The packaging engineer will use a combination of software design tools, to develop packaging for advanced semiconductor optoelectronic devices for applications ranging from telecommunications to medical and government. Familiarity with existing commercial software CAD tools is expected, as well as the ability to develop and adapt back-end fabrication processes for new package designs. The packaging engineer will also participate actively in developing methods and procedures to test new designs. In addition, this person will collaborate with semiconductor chip designers, process engineers and test engineers to design for manufacturability and innovate further advances in device performance and continuous improvement in yield.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Skills
- Experience Designing and Commercializing Active Opto-Electronics Components
- Semiconductor Lasers or Related Devices
- Single-Mode Fiber Coupled
- Proficient with Engineering Design Tools (e.g. Solid Works, Cosmos, Zemax)
- Good Communication Skills
- Familiar with Product Release Documentation Processes
- Know How to Release New Manufacturing Processes
- Training, Work Instructions, SPC Implementation
- Able to Work Well in a Team. The Successful Candidate will Interact with Broad Range of Other Engineers and Staff including Chip Designers, Process Engineers, Test/Reliability Engineers, Information Technology, Production Control and Marketing/Sales.
- Master of Science or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Materials Science.
- 4+ Years Experience Developing Semiconductor Laser or Related Optoelectronic Device Packaging
Salary is commensurate with experience