United Technologies Aerospace Systems, ISR Systems division, has over 50 years of experience in designing, building and testing exceptionally high quality optics and electro-optical systems. The Danbury facility (formerly Goodrich, Perkin-Elmer, Hughes and Raytheon) delivers these high quality systems to customers such as NASA, Department of Defense and commercial customers. The highly skilled team at Danbury produces unique electro-optical payload systems for space as well as special purpose payloads for ground and airborne systems. We need you to become part of this team to deliver these complex systems that explore space, plot the heavens and protect our armed forces. Come join us today!
Provide senior-level Mechanical Engineering Design, Development, Analysis, and Project support for space, air, and ground based opto-mechanical payload systems. Candidate will be part of an Integrated Product Team and be responsible for leading Project Opto-Mechanical Engineering activities. Candidate will lead and be responsible for the design effort for space-flight and ground-support mechanical systems having requirements including; precision stability, vibration & shock loads, extreme thermal and vacuum operation and high reliability.
Preferred experience with the design, analysis, manufacture, clean-room assembly, integration, and test of space based opto-mechanical systems such as mechanisms/actuators, mirror mounts/flexures, composite structures, optics including windows, etc. Required experience with a 3d-modeling software (ProE Wildfire or CREO preferred) to create 3d mechanical design layouts, drawings, etc.
- Review customer's Statement of Work, Technical Specifications, Interface Control Drawings, Schedules and Budgets. Negotiate with customers and provide support to develop appropriate requirements including suggestions for writing documents and hardware concepts.
- Evaluate flowed-down requirements and develop an appropriate design concept. Take into consideration all functional areas simultaneously in a systematic way. Applicant would be responsible for the design of space-flight hardware and complex ground support equipment.
- Produce new design models and assembly layouts in Pro-E Wildfire 4 or CREO. Work with other designers to create drawings and Bills of Material using data management software (PDMLink).
- Evaluate structural design performance using Pro-Mechanica.
- Coordinate work of an Integrated Product Team with Systems Engineers, Structural & Thermal Analysts, Designers, Electrical Engineers, Optical Engineers, Manufacturing & Test Engineers, Supply Chain, Quality Engineering and Program Controls (Scheduling & Budgeting). Carry project through integration and test.
- Support various program and customer communications such as; status reports/meetings, telecoms with customer and vendors, prepare in PowerPoint & present design review presentations, and provide detailed technical reports.
- Technical Management of Subcontracts for critical components. Produce or assist in the creation of the required documentation such as; Statement of Work, Design Specification, ICD, Test Plan, Schedule etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years in Mechanical Engineering Design, Analysis, Manufacturing and Test.
- 5 years’ experience with Solid Modeling tools, Pro-E and/or CREO preferred.
- 5 years’ experience working with customers and suppliers developing requirements.
- Ability to occasionally work hands-on in a Clean Room Environment.
- Ability to work with other mechanical designers to assist in the completion of design activities.
- US Citizenship required in support of security clearance requirements.
Goodrich is a tireless leader in aerospace systems. The company serves regional/business aircraft, original equipment and aftermarket,...