Reference Code: 12020865
Location: New York, NY, US
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
This candidate will oversee architecture & engineering of all Databases within STI. Provide 3rd level support to Operational staff that supports 100+ Oracle databases across the globe. The databases supported vary from ultra low latency OLTP trading systems to large data warehouses. This candidate must be able to provide leadership by example, leveraging strong organizational, technical, process, project and people management skills. The candidate will work closely with development and business leads/managers to ensure alignment of database solutions with business requirements. This position will require hands-on knowledge and expertise of Oracle databases.
- Define Oracle Database standards within Systematic Trading and assist Microsoft SQL team
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures for all database related activities by team members
- Work closely with CATE and CTI Database Teams to ensure STI policies adhere to Citi Standards.
- Identify business/technology requirements, unique to Electronic Trading that require deviations in policy, work with Risk & Control Teams to determine adequate compensating controls, and manage supporting process
- Drive partnership between DBA Team and development and business leads/managers to ensure alignment of database solutions with business requirements
- Work closely with systems, storage, and network managers to ensure smooth integration/management for database technologies
Bachelor's degree with 10+ years experience in the following required skills are essential for this position:
The following skills are desirable for this position:
- Strong experience in the support and management of relational databases
- Proven negotiation skills, experience working under pressure, meeting aggressive deadlines, and making effective decisions
- Initiate, follow-through, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Structured approach towards development of processes and procedures
- Ability to oversee large global projects
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle database technologies
- Microsoft SQL Database
- EMC DMX, NetApp Storage
- Knowledge of low latency trading environments
Citi - 11 months ago
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could ac...