Sr. Red Hat Linux Systems Engineer will plan, design, install and provide administration for RedHat Linux systems. This includes installation and maintenance of base Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems, as well as other products present in the Red Hat Enterprise product line, providing technical support and problem resolution in dynamic customer environments. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems (RHCE preferred), a drive for success, and a passion for technology. The successful candidate will have outstanding troubleshooting skills and experience working with a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. Should be passionate about open source, and ideally have experience with open source technologies and methodologies.
- 5+ years of senior-level Unix/Linux system admin experience
- Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance experience
- Strongly prefer candidates that have earned RHCE certification; successful candidate must achieve and maintain RHCE or higher
- Familiarity with & maintenance of various types of industry hardware: x86, AMD64, EM64T, IA64, S390/S390x, PowerPC; HP, IBM, Dell, Fujitsu, NEC, SGI; BIOS, EFI, UEFI
- Administration of other OSs such as Solaris, Windows, AIX, HP/UX
- Networking technology and networking infrastructure services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS, NTP, PXE).
- Ability to write scripts (shell/Python/Perl)
- Experience managing applications and systems written in Perl, Python, Ruby & PHP
- Understanding of other languages (C, C++, java) a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools such as cfengine and puppet
- Configuration of Ethernet and storage switching
- Cisco (IOS, CatOS, SANOS, NX-OS), Brocade, qLogic
- Storage (HP Enterprise, NetApp, IBM DS, EMC)
- Virtualization (Xen/KVM, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), VMware)
- Able to quickly achieve a deep understanding of complex applications
- Experience using RPM and yum for software deployment
- Ability to read and interpret English language technical documents
- Ability to speak business level English
- Bachelors degree (Computer Science)