Sr. Oracle SOA Developer
Permanent, Piscataway, NJ
No Sponsorship, must be GC holder or US Citizen
The main responsibilities of the individual in this position are design (10%), development (50%), implementation and maintenance/production support (40%) of CLIENT’s enterprise SOA services running on Oracle SOA platform. The candidate will develop code using Oracle’s Integration Technologies/Oracle SOA suite. The candidate is also responsible for the following:
The position includes implementing industry best practices and staying up to date on emerging trends in order to implement these when appropriate. The incumbent will work hand in hand with system and application developers and business users to define and implement standards and processes in this area. The candidate must demonstrate a strong skill level in writing code using Oracle SOA technologies.
- Conducts system analysis and software design proposals.
- Designs and develops applications to solve business problems
- Plays a Subject Matter Expert role in several key areas of Oracle Fusion Middleware systems.
- Develop design patterns for common problems to ensure consistency and quality of development. Ensuring that design and development is in compliance with the enterprise standards processes and policies
- Troubleshoot production issues and find resolution, Performance tune, wherever applicable.
- Collaboratively work with other groups by offering technical expertise where required
- Perform basic SOA admin function including configuration and code deployment
- Reports progress and activity to project leader and/or manager on a continuing basis
- Lead maturity and transformation of the platform, developing new capabilities
Amount of Experience-based Knowledge and Skills
Credentials, Licenses and Permits
- 7+Years of experience with any SOA product line/SOA technologies/Integration methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle Fusion Product Line (Oracle SOA suite/Oracle Service Bus/ALSB)
- 3+ years of Experience with WebLogic Server, BPEL, Mediator, Business Rules, XML Schema, XQuery, JMS, AQ, Adaptor Framework
- 3+ years of experience with Java , XML, XQuery, XPath, XSLT using JDeveloper/OEPE/Eclipse
- Experience in at least 1 full life cycle project using Oracle Fusion/SOA suite of products.
- Must have knowledge of Basic SOA Admin functions (configuration and deployment)
- Should have experience in other closely related areas - BI Publisher, Coherence, Oracle BPMS or ADF
- Integration experience with Siebel CRM or Oracle Identity Suite a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Displays enthusiasm and positive energy.
Certification in Oracle tools and modules is an added advantage, but not mandatory
Education/Training. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science desired.