The candidate must be a strong eBusiness Financials, SCM, HRMS Developer with PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, data conversion and integration experience. Oracle Forms is optional but preferred.
The Oracle Application Developer should have 4-10 years of experience analyzing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting different applications. Advanced programming knowledge in SQL and PL/SQL as well as extensive experience with a wide range of Oracle Development tools specially Report Builder and Form Builder is required. Knowledge of Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Discoverer and Unix Shell Scripts is desirable. Basic knowledge of Windows 2000/NT and UNIX server technologies as well as Oracle Data Base Administration are desirable.
If foreign nationals, Chileans, Singaporeans, Mexicans preferred to travel to the US on a H1-B/TN visa. If they have an existing H1-B, we would transfer it. They would act as an onsite lead and deliver tech specs to the development teams in BA, San Jose, and Hyderabad.
Data Conversions and Migrations experience across several versions of applications are preferable so that the Developer will have to support, design or build several kinds of interfaces. Previous experience with AIM Methodology is desirable.
The primary objective of this position is to provide solutions for the Customer’s applications requests. This has to be done in the most appropriate way, using all the appropriate tools. For this position it is essential to understand requirements, design the solution and test it. On small projects, the Oracle Application Developer will build the solution. This position will also supply technical direction and guidance to Junior Developers as well as technical/functional support to Account Manager.
Sound communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical solutions over the telephone and via email for people from multiple cultures.
J ob Responsibilities
Required Developer Skills and Knowledge
- Developing solutions for ERP or custom application’s technical requirements for assigned Service Requests
- Advising and assisting in the development of a generic model
- Advising, guiding and supporting other developers
- Assisting with the specification of representative data sets and business scenarios for acceptance testing (Testing of the development)
- Identifying feasible alternative solutions that minimize the need for custom development
- Completing tasks and deliverables assigned by the project manager
- Documenting all work in a clear and concise fashion
- Completing all development phases’ accuracy as soon as possible
- Maintaining professional attire, according to company policies, and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Maintaining communications for daily activities with Developer Team Managers and client representatives
- Recording all activities and time worked in Teleservice
- Reporting to work on time and communicating work statuses with Support Services Management
Desired Developer Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge programming with SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge working with oracle developer tools, especially Report and Forms
- Ability to perform all the software development phases: designing, building, testing, transition and document tasks
- Ability to interact with Oracle database
- Ability to interact with several operating systems, especially UNIX and Windows2000/NT.
- Ability to trace and debug programs
- Tuning of SQL sentences
- Planning and control of program versions, data changes and other related software changes through the development life cycle
- Use of standards to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance
- Creation of reviews of application design and code frequently to ensure development and production standards are being adhered to
- Installation of new versions of the Oracle tools
- Installation of other tools that access the Oracle database as required
- Evaluation of new releases of the Oracle tools, and other third party products from time to time to determine suitability for production usage
- Participation in planning, along with the DBA and system administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact
- Supply of technical direction and guidance to Juniors Developers as well as supply technical/functional support to Account Manager
- Ability to work together in a team as well as take the lead
- Self learning capacity
- Other characteristics like initiative, enthusiasm and adaptation to the changes
- Good knowledge of a wide variety of developer tools, especially Workflow and Discoverer
- Good knowledge of a wide variety of operating system(s), especially SUN Solaris, IBM AIX, HP UX, and Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, and data through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Good knowledge in relational database model