This position is responsible for performing a variety of manual operations to expected productivity standards in support of the functions within the Order Fulfillment Department. Standard Operating Procedures are used to ensure accurate order fulfillment processing while maintaining a safe, healthy and productive work environment. Responsibilities in this area include: Order Picking, Auditing, Ticketing, Checking and Packing of standard orders. At times this position also performs various duties within the shipping department, where you will follow Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate Restocking and Shipping processes to meet the department’s mission of providing excellent and on time customer service. Duties may include but are not limited to: loading and unloading pallets and trailers; taking inventory; documenting and invoicing orders and product movement; using RF scanning equipment; retrieving and stocking materials and product; Counting, comparing, checking and inspecting quantities of materials and product; and similar duties in support of the distribution of company goods in the YCM warehouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Previous distribution, and/or warehouse experience is strongly preferred. Experience using RF Scanning equipment is a definite plus.
- Ability to read and write in the English language is required to interpret labels, inventory sheets and other related printed information, as well as to ensure picking the appropriate product.
- Safety awareness and thorough knowledge of lifting procedures. Ability to exert physical effort to lift weights up to 60 lbs on a frequent basis. (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position).
- Basic Math skills, strong attention to detail including speed & accuracy in counting & verification required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with coworkers in a positive, productive and cooperative manner encouraging teamwork is required.
- Good communications skills a must.
- Flexibility to work in a variety of areas is essential. There is a rotation with the work centers and print room. Flexibility to work at YCM, YCI & YDC as operationally needed is required.
3rd Shift, Monday-Friday, 10:00PM-6:00AM
Flexibility in work schedule is also required for possible overtime, work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need.
This position offers a very competitive salary & excellent benefits package.
Universal Pay Scale – Pay Grade U8
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is the leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, based on sales, in the giftware industry. Employing approximately 6,000 people world-wide (as of December 31, 2011), Yankee Candle (Headquartered in South Deerfield, Massachusetts) has a 42-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts, with sales from continuing operations of $785.8 million dollars in fiscal year 2011.Having earned a reputation for superior, long-lasting fragrance quality, Yankee Candle is America’s trusted choice for fragrance.
The Company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 28,800 store locations, a growing base of Company owned and operated retail stores (552 Yankee Candle Stores located in 46 states and 1 province in Canada as of December 31, 2011), direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website ( www.yankeecandle.com ). Outside of North America, the Company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network of approximately 5,700 store locations and distributors covering a combined 49 countries.
A key contributor to our success has been our vertically integrated business model, which enables us to control most every aspect of our business, from product development to manufacturing to distribution to marketing and sales. This structure allows us to consistently provide high quality and innovative products, deliver them in a timely and efficient manner to customers all over the world and provide excellent customer service. The power of the Yankee Candle® brand and our dedicated and talented employee base truly set us apart from our competitors.
Our one-of-a-kind Flagship Store in South Deerfield, MA is the world’s largest candle and Christmas store, containing approximately 90,000 square feet of retail and entertainment space, and has been ranked as one of the most popular tourist attractions in Massachusetts.
Yankee Candle - 13 months ago
While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their homes smell...