Information Technology Services
Order Processor 4P2
This position reports to the Manager of Order Management. The Order Management team is responsible for receiving, reviewing, processing and provisioning requests generated through the IT Services Order IT (Department) portal, My IT Services (Student) portal, and Remedy tickets that support both network and telecommunication needs which include voice, circuit, cable, fiber, voicemail, Wiring and Construction, Data Center and outside vendor services for the University, Hospital, Stanford Housing (Residential Services), Students, Vendors and Stanford Affiliates while maintaining and reconciling the integrity of the data in the inventory, billing, and service provisioning systems. The Order Management Work Group client support hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am – 5 p.m.
The Order Processor works primarily with the following organizations: Installation and Maintenance (I&M) for scheduling daily work load assignments and assisting technicians in the field regarding cable record changes and bible sheet location lookups; Facilities Engineering for cable infrastructure builds and orders, VAST Engineering for LEN adds and balances and Capacity Management for the fulfillment of data center orders.
• Core processing activities include assigning service numbers, scheduling tasks time for field fulfillment, LEN assignment, cable pair assignments, fulfillment provisioning service in various platforms (i.e., Nortel, Cisco Call Manager, Unified Messaging systems; work with vendors for setup of related services (i.e., 1MBs)
• Assist Field and Engineering technicians with records and order requests; bible sheet lookups, cable and pair record changes, LEN balancing and LEN reports.
• Conducts in depth analysis to solve problems and make recommendations
• Validate existing practices and recommend changes and implement improvements in the order process
• Document formal written communication of order processing policies and procedures Participate on IT Services projects
• Responsible for provisioning of telephone, cable TV and Network Service for residential community
• Responsible for provisioning cable TV services for the student community
• Trouble shoot customer questions related to billing, service delivery, service profile offerings, service provision, service problems and escalate as necessary
• Provide an excellent customer service experience, courteous phone manner, excellent written and verbal skills, attention to detail to the many different service delivery processes, and a solid knowledge of IT Services service profiles across all categories
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities in a complex and technical team environment
• Must be self-motivated and independent
• Extremely detail oriented
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and interface effectively with users and staff
• Must possess advanced judgment and problem solving capabilities
• Strong knowledge and understanding of voice and data equipment capabilities and applications
• Possess excellent verbal and written skills
• Three years experience answering phones in a Help Desk Environment
• A minimum of three years experience in a technical and/or communications environment or equivalent. And answering phones in a Help Desk Environment
• One to two years work experience with Stanford-specific Order Management systems and tools: Remedy, SL100, Cablebridge, Cisco Call Manager, Unified Messaging, etc.
• One to two years work experience with fulfillment of voice and data service orders
Stanford University - 19 months ago
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating scholarly...