The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform
of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
With limited supervision, the Front-of the-house Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the front-of-the-house functions in a restaurant, including appearance, presentation, customer experience and professional leadership and direction to front-of-the-house employees, bartenders, waitstaff, bussers and host.
- Assist with staffing level and determining which staff are assigned to each shift
- Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Outback brand including, but not limited to, hiring, development, counseling, promotion, discipline and termination as appropriate.
- Enforce safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for front-of-the-house. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required state standards.
- The operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion through providing direction and guidance to employees.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Assists in the hiring and training and development of front-of-the-house employees.
- Responds to guest comments and seeking opportunity to build guest count while educating and empowering other Outbackers to act in similar capacity
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of entire menu and preparation.
- Maintain current and accurate collateral in areas in front-of-the-house
- Engage in community and market related opportunities at the restaurant.
- At least one (1) year of previous management experience or a two (2) year college degree
- Passing grade in Management Assessment testing
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum age 21 years
OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- Certification in food safety
- Previous experience in full service (including bar) restaurant management
- Willingness to relocate within the assigned region
- Computer skills
Outback Steakhouse - 20 months ago
Outback Steakhouse Inc. (OSI) operates over 1230 restaurants in 50 states and 21 different countries. The company revenues exceed $3...