The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform
of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
With limited supervision, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
- Directs and check the progress of the prep staff, checks for quality and consistency on food and communicates with prep staff
- Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Outback Brand including, but not limited to, hiring, development, counseling, promotion, discipline and terminations as appropriate.
- Checks all kitchen equipment and sets them up for daily use
- Enforce safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the kitchen. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required state standards.
- The operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc
- Ensures that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in Outback's Serious Food manner.
- Supervise the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste; manage staffing levels throughout shift.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Check and balance product inventory from previous day of business, places food and supply orders
- Assists in the hiring and training of back-of-the-house employees.
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- At least one (1) year of management experience or two (2) year college degree
- Passing grade in Management Assessment testing
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum age 21 years
- Certification on food safety
- Previous restaurant management experience
- Willingness to relocate within the assigned region
- Computer skills
OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Outback Steakhouse - 9 months ago