The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform
of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
With minimal supervision, the Managing Partner leads the individual operation on a single restaurant. This includes all facets of restaurant operation, front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house, in addition to managing P&L cost centers. The Managing Partners is the face of Outback in our communities and is a key positions in delivering on the Outback experience
- Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Outback Brand including, but not limited to, hiring, development, counseling, promotion and discipline and termination as appropriate.
- Maintain all employee files. Ensure that required documentation is complete and accurate within personnel files.
- Ensures restaurant is optimally staffed and employees are fully trained in all aspects of current job
- Work with the restaurant management team to respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in Outback's Serious Food, Concentrated manner.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increases sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Estimate food needs, place orders with purveyors within established guidelines and schedule the delivery.
- Manages P&L for individual restaurant.
- Sanitary practices and maintenance of entire restaurant and premises. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required state standards.
- The operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: line checks, testing, training, orientation, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, menu presentations, table visits, No Rules and Hospitality, 3 table stations, weekly directionals, etc.
- Oversee all restaurant administrative requirements including cash handling, completion of guest liability, property, casualty, workers compensation reports, governmental compliance, i.e., OSHA posting requirements, federal, state and local labor law postings, manager's Red Book, invoicing, etc.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, customers and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event a customer or employee is injured
- Principles and Beliefs are continually taught and practiced.
- Provide active community involvement with a strong presence at events, clubs and organizations by restaurant and its employee.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Company's Code of Ethics policy.
- At least two (2) years of general manager experience in a hospitality operation
- Experience in all facets of front-of-the house and back-of-the-house restaurant operations
- Passing grade in Management Assessment testing
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum age 21 years
- Previous experience as front-of-the-house manager
- Two (2) or four (4) year college degree
- Computer skills
OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Outback Steakhouse - 13 months ago
Outback Steakhouse Inc. (OSI) operates over 1230 restaurants in 50 states and 21 different countries. The company revenues exceed $3...