The primary function of this position is to make outbound calls to current and prospective students for retention and recruitment purposes. This position will assist students via telephone by providing accurate information regarding Admissions, Financial Aid, the Business Office, academic programs, schedules and general college information. Candidate must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
1. Perform outbound calling to current and prospective students for enrollment retention and recruitment purposes;
2. Other duties associated with the position may be assigned.
1. Obtain and provide appropriate information over the phone regarding Admissions, Financial Aid, the Business Office, programs, schedules and general college information to students;
2. Respond to questions received during outbound calls to students; research questions and utilize online and other internal resources to obtain the best answer in a timely manner;
3. Use good judgment and appropriately manage escalated calls or recommend further escalation if deemed necessary.
Information Management and Technical Support:
1. Perform data entry in Colleague to accurately document information gathered via telephone;
5. Utilize Colleague, Excel, and any other online resources to respond to questions and resolve student concerns;
All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ( FERPA ).
1. Associate’s degree;
2. One (1) or more years’ experience in an administrative support environment;
3. Advanced computer knowledge to include common software applications;
4. Two or more years of customer service or student services experience demonstrating patience, diplomacy and the ability to reach positive solutions.
1. Associate’s degree in Office Administration, Customer Service/Call Center or related field;
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. The selected individual for this part-time limited position will be working from the anticipated dates: A total of ten weeks; August 5 – September 6, 2013; January 6 –February 7, 2014.
2.Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - 20 months ago