POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager – Outlet Center
DEPARTMENT: Outlet Center/Operations
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the Assistant Manager will perform their responsibilities in order to maximize sales, both Retail and Salvage and training opportunities in the most cost effective manner. Assist in the training of assigned employees, consumers and Volunteers, emphasizing good work habits and job responsibilities. Assist in keeping accurate records of all transactions in the Outlet Center area, and help in submitting written reports to the Director of Operations. The Assistant Manager will take responsibility for the safety and security of the Outlet Center area. Act as a role model for staff and persons served.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Cashiers and Material Handlers assigned to the Outlet Center.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the daily duties of Cashiers, Material Handlers and all other personnel assigned to the Outlet Center
- Help in assuring the security of the Outlet Center area. Make sure every customer, employee, or person being served, whether entering or leaving the Outlet Center area, is in compliance with the agency Loss Prevention Plan.
- Assist customers and help in assure that order is maintained in the sales area.
- Assist in setting prices.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the cash registers and scales.
- Assist in the storage and flow of inventory when changing tables.
- Assist in the implementation and attainment of the departmental goals, objectives and budgets.
- Ensure that all department personnel use proper safety practices and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining a good working environment, and be a motivation to staff.
- Present yourself as a positive role model.
- Conduct self in a courteous manner at all times.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Director f Operations.
- High School Diploma, or GED preferred. Have basic math skills. Ability to properly complete production reports and maintain department records. Must have the ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to operate cash registers and adding machines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, and maneuver heavier weights using the proper equipment.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of others, and work cooperatively with all agency personnel, consumers, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer rapport.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
You will work inside and outside, with continuous exposure to all weather elements and conditions. You will be walking on concrete and asphalt surfaces. You will have continuous exposure to moving/ mechanical machinery. There is moderate to loud noise levels, and moderate dust level exposure.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standing, sitting, and walking intermittently throughout the work shift. Frequent lifting, up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, and grasping. Have gross manual dexterity skills. There will be occasional pushing and pulling of objects. Visual, hearing, and verbal abilities required.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Director of Operations
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 215 local, autonomous member organizations in the United States, Canada, and 24 other...