Under the direction of the Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager or Outpatient Pharmacy Director, is responsible for the management of all aspects of Pharmacy services at identified Outpatient Pharmacy location(s). Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, Statewide Pharmacy Operations objectives, policies, and procedures. Responsible for day-to-day operations of assigned work area(s)/ functions(s)/services(s). Provides supervision and direction to subordinate Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor - Hourly, Pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees. Manages a pharmacy location(s). Performs the duties of all subordinate employees and other duties as required.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Mgr or Outpatient Pharmacy Director w/ the development & implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Mgr or Outpatient Pharmacy Director by providing supervision & direction of the pharmacy services/activities/functions, including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, retail business expansion, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development & multi-disciplinary team development.
- Manages departmental personnel & operational practices to ensure compliance w/ Federal & State laws & regulations, T.J.C., O.S.H.A., SBOP, Statewide & Departmental policies & procedures.
- Collaborates w/ the Inpatient Pharmacy Mgmt & Medical Group departments to provide continuity of care & compliance w/ applicable Federal & State laws & regulations governing hospitals.
- Sphere of influence includes Pharmacy Staff, Other Members of the Pharmacy Mgmt Team, Providers, Department Administrators, Physician-In-Charge.
- Provides personnel mgmt activities (e.g. recruits, hires, trains & evaluates, &/or terminates subordinate hourly personnel).
- Completes/administers performance evaluations & ensures adherence to departmental plan for completion of performance evaluations.
- Develops/oversees processes to ensure the department meets HR compliance expectations for evaluations.
- Works w/ HR in handling employee grievances.
- Responsible for the preparation & assignment of department staff's work schedules & assignments.
- Prepares &/or approves the biweekly payroll.
- Provides regular communication & feedback to the staff.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Mgr or Outpatient Pharmacy Director to monitor personnel utilization in accordance w/ operating budget & adheres to the personnel justification process for the department.
- Develops departmental budget in conjunction w/ Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Mgr &/or Outpatient Pharmacy Director.
- May work w/ local BS&F on departmental budget.
- Responsible for all financial performance targets in pharmacy.
- Participates in designing, implementing & evaluating systems, processes & methods designed to enhance quality, improve service, & enhance cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for all service measures in department.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Mgr or Outpatient Pharmacy Director to collaborate w/ providers, department heads, & the Outpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate & improve quality mgmt programs.
- Provides resolution to service complaints by Health Plan members, other Kaiser health care professionals, department heads, & employees.
- Administers organizational & department policies & procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Performs the duties of all subordinate employees & other duties as required.
- Current CA Registered Pharmacist License.
- B.S. in Pharmacy required, Pharm. D. preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities and skills in pharmacy business management, customer problem-resolution, leadership and supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of contemporary outpatient pharmacy operations principles and standards, including clinical, professional, legal, business, and public relations aspects.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from patients, or other sources, to apply to the patient's medical management plan.
- Must possess self-initiative, innovative and collaborative skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in various databases and other computer usage.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous experience or courses completed, in pharmacy business management or related subjects preferred.
- Must pass background check.
- Work schedule to vary as required
- Position requires occasional travel to other KPMCP and non-KPMCP locations for meetings, training etc.
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...