Duties and Functions:
- : A Master’s degree from an accredited college in social work, counseling, psychology or a related mental health field. Must be a LSW or LPC; LISW or LPCC is preferred. Must be qualified to provide counseling, psychotherapy, family therapy and related services to population referred to In-School services.
Experience : A minimum of five years experience working with mentally ill and delinquent youth and their families of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Highly motivated, flexible, independent, excellent communication skills, ability to engage difficult youth and their families, and knowledge of social systems required.
- Other : Therapist is required to have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, own vehicle with vehicle liability insurance. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Take the assessment when applying: Therapist Assessment
- The Therapist is responsible for providing therapeutic services to the clients. These services include individual and family therapy and group therapy as well as consultation with staff in order to attain treatment goals
- Provide services to outpatient clients and families.
- Perform initial assessment of each child.
- Develop a treatment plan within one month of the child’s admission to services.
- Engage parents and family members in treatment, providing psychoeducational information about nurturing and behavior management limited to assessments, service plan, progress reports, and termination report.
- Collect all necessary outcome data needed to evaluate services.
- Transport clients in personal or agency vehicles as needed.
- Be able to effectively implement all aspects of physical restraint per TCI.