Next Step Living is a socially-conscious, environmentally focused, results-driven company dedicated to making it easy for our customers lower their energy bills, increase the comfort of their homes, and reduce their environmental impact.
We are looking for positive and outgoing people who are passionate about energy and the environment to lead a regional team who will staff Next Step Living outreach events and inspire members of the public to take action to save energy and the environment while reducing their bills. Along with your team of Outreach Assistants, you will be reaching out to and engaging event attendees to educate them on Next Step Living’s full range of energy saving products and services including the Mass Save energy assessment, solar power, efficient heating and cooling systems and more. You will work alongside your team to help potential customers identify technologies and programs that are appropriate for them, collect contact information and schedule customers for home assessments. Full training as well as promotional materials and equipment will be provided.
In addition to personally staffing the most important events and leading by example through consistently excellent individual performance, Event Outreach Team Leads are responsible for managing a team of 5-10 part-time event assistants. Event Outreach Team Leads will meet weekly with their Regional Program Managers to develop strategies for approaching the week’s events and meet individually with each member of their team to ensure they have the materials, messaging, goals and approach to be successful. Event Outreach Team Leads will follow up with their team to hold them accountable, while helping them develop their skills and knowledge. Event Outreach Team Leads also take on other responsibilities as required to support the activities of their Regional Program Managers and Regional Outreach Coordinator, including scheduling events, keeping track of inventories and other support roles. In addition to working with their regional team, Event Outreach Team Leads also meet weekly with the Event Manager to develop trainings and strategies for our regional teams as well as to share successes and new ideas between regions.
We are looking for passionate, mission driven and results oriented managers who lead by example as well as challenge and support our teams by giving them the tools they need to succeed. This is a full-time benefits eligible position but flexible availability is required; weekend and evening events are required. A car is required to transport promotional materials and to travel to different event locations. Successful Outreach Event Leads can make $15-30 per hour plus mileage and travel reimbursement.
- Attend Next Step Living community and private outreach events to represent our company to the general public.
- Actively reach out to and engage event attendees, educate them on our no-cost Home Energy, Solar, and efficient heating and cooling assessment programs and, if qualified, collect contact information and schedule assessments.
- Stay up-to-date with all aspects of both our Home Energy and Solar Assessment programs
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Ability to be trained in new techniques and program guidelines when/if necessary and apply those trainings to day-to-day operations.
- Manage a team of 5-10 staff in their region.
- Track equipment and supplies for regional staff.
- Attend weekly meetings with regional leadership staff to develop successful approaches to working with our local community and institutional partners to exceed our environmental and lead generation goals and to share those approaches with their team.
- Meet regularly with the Events Manager and Event Outreach Team Lead team to share successes, troubleshoot problems and develop trainings to better support our staff and hit our goals.
- Along with your team, inspire thousands of families in local communities to take actions that reduce their energy use, lower their bills and make real progress for our environment and our future.
- Talented manager, good listener, and organized problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Must be outgoing and motivated to educate the public about energy efficiency and help people take action.
- Must be a quick learner and able to think on your feet while managing multiple staff, projects and priorities.
- 1-3 years of experience with canvassing, political organizing, door-to-door sales or community outreach. Management experience in these settings is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team remotely.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and accessible vehicle to attend events.
- Must be comfortable working with computers including word processing; spreadsheets; databases; and contact management software. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple languages, especially Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin and Cantonese a big plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and carry up to 40 lbs.
"Next Step Living is a leading provider of energy solutions in the Northeast. With its cornerstone top-to-bottom home energy assessment to...