Outreach and Recruitment Intern – Cumberland & Salem Counties
CHS is seeking a motivated Outreach and Recruitment Intern to assist the coordination of the LIFT (Latinas/Ladies Involved in Full Treatment) program. This position will work directly with female migrant agricultural workers in Cumberland and Salem Counties.
· Assist Outreach Manager of the LIFT (Latinas/Ladies Involved in Full Treatment) program in the execution of outreach and recruitment of female migrant agricultural workers in Cumberland and Salem Counties.
· Participate in visits to migrant camps in search of women living with HIV/AIDS who may be lost to care, sporadic to care, new to care or undiagnosed.
· Provide basic information on HIV/AIDS and encourage women at-risk for HIV to be tested.
· Administer LIFT program intake forms and register women for program.
· Coordinate with LIFT Outreach and Service Coordinator to ensure successful integration of women into the program.
· Provides administrative support to assigned community programs.
· Assists the team with establishing and maintaining efficient communication processes with communities.
· Meets deadlines critical in ensuring that timelines are met for contractual needs.
· Prioritize work duties in order to maintain through prompt and efficient response.
· Maintains and coordinates the development of community program materials.
· Refers cases in need of a more intense intervention immediately to the appropriate staff.
· Assists in organization of the overall department needs, filing faxing, telephone outreach.
· Document outreach and recruitment activities daily.
· Self-starter; able to independently execute instructions
· Able to work well with a team
· Strong oral and written communication skills; Bilingual in English, Spanish or Creole
· Outgoing individual with excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Culturally competent and bilingual (English, Spanish, or Creole)
· Able to move around easily in the community and be comfortable in a variety of settings
· High School or Associates degree.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience working in medical management /managed care or customer service setting.
· Computer experience mandatory, including Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in other database applications and Medicaid experience a plus.
· Familiarity with keyboarding, Windows, MS Office, database applications.
Time Commitment: Approximately 12 hours a week for 9 weeks
Compensation: Must be able to earn credit through his/her academic Institution
Internship Period: mid-May to mid-July 2013
Center for Human Services (CHS)
For over 40 years, the Center for Human Services (CHS) and its for-profit affiliate, University Research Co., LLC (URC) , have focused on improving the quality of and access to health, social, and education and vocational services in the U.S. and abroad. Founded in 1968, the CHS is the non-profit 501(c)3 affiliate of the Maryland based University Research Co., LLC. CHS seeks to improve the quality of life, access to social and health services, and the educational and vocational achievements of under-served populations throughout the United States and abroad. In addition, CHS provides technical expertise and innovative training, always honoring and respecting the culture of affected populations.
CHS' Mission: To help clients meet today's challenges and take advantage of tomorrow's opportunities by providing a comprehensive array of education, training, advocacy, and health-related programs and services.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
CHS is an E-Verify Employer
CHS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
University Research Co., LLC. - 23 months ago