Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Salary Range: Base Plus Commision Structure to / Annual
Relocation Assistance is available
Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry. We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical support and professionalism to the trade. We are a privately owned and part of the largest wholesale cooperative in the nation. The cooperative has 370 stores nationwide and sales of over $1.4 billion with five major distribution centers strategically located throughout the country. We are known for our exceptional service and our employees are known for their technical knowledge. We have 2 branches located in the Buffalo, NY area and have immediate openings due to company expansion and market demand.
We have a full-time job opportunity for a customer-focused HVAC/R sale’s professional. As a field/outside sales person, you will develop customer relationships both with face-to-face interactions and over the phone.
Must have a minimum of 5 years HVAC experience- it is important to have knowledge of what you are selling.
- Contacts existing and prospective customers to uncover, clarify or amplify needs & opportunities. Prospects for new customers and finds new quality leads.
- Positions Johnstone products and services as a strategic advantage to customers. Communicates Johnstone’s value proposition and business drivers.
- Recommends products to customers, based on customers' business needs.
- Effectively counters customer objections. Negotiates with customer to grow business while maintaining margin targets.
- Demonstrates and explains the advantages of Johnstone in meeting customer needs.
- Establishes and expands relationships with key people and decision-makers within each customer organization. Develops new customers and contacts to expand customer base.
- Consults with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Monitors market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Proactively follows up on leads generated from within branch stores and other sources.
- Develops territory and sales plans to target key customers and prioritize sales activities. Adheres to Johnstone sales process.
- Participates with management in updating territory plans and setting sales goals.
- Interacts cooperatively with in-store personnel to service existing accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge from sales manager and experienced sales representatives.
- A High School Diploma or a G.E.D., OR equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Minimum of five years of documented successful direct sales experience in the business-to business HVAC/R or similar industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated tenacity in using effective sales strategies and techniques to achieve sales goals.
- Skill in building long term customer relationships.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Skill in proactively communicating (both verbal and written) to establish relationships and influence decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and objection countering skills.
- Skill in using critical thought to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage coworker and customer interactions with tact and diplomacy.
- Displays persistence, with strong drive to succeed.
- Consistently works to promote company growth while maintaining ethical standards.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vehicle Provided
- Sick Time- Paid out at the end of the year if it goes un-used.
- Paid Time Off
- Take Home Vehicle Provided
- Mobile Phone Provided
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click the Apply Now Button below.
MEP Jobs - 15 months ago