Outside Sales Rep - Buffalo, MN
JOB CODE 006J
JOB TITLE Direct Sales Representative
Join Charter and live the career that puts you in control.
At Charter, we are a growing and dynamic $7+ billion Fortune 500 organization with 17,000 employees strong. Our goal is to be America’s #1 service organization in advanced video, high-speed internet and telephone service – and we need talented people like you to deliver that exceptional and unmatched experience for our customers!
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Charter provides you with sales leads, comprehensive benefits offerings including multiple medical/dental plans, STD/LTD, generous time off accruals, complimentary or discounted broadband services (in footprint), and mileage reimbursement for the business use of your personal vehicle!
Join us, and be connected to a collaborative workplace where everyone plays an important role and where you can make an impact – on your career, our growing company, and our 5+ million customers.
This position is responsible for soliciting new residential customers through direct door-to-door contact, explaining products and services available to potential customers, and obtaining customer orders to meet established sales objectives and increase sales volume. This position will travel 80%+ of time in a designated territory using a personal vehicle, be responsible for accurate completion of all necessary paperwork to support sales activities including sales orders, sales agreements, billing forms and sales reports in a manner consistent with quality control guidelines.
This position is paid a base salary plus commissions with a total earning potential up to six figures! The successful candidate will have sales or customer service experience, a current valid drivers’ license, satisfactory motor vehicle report, and be familiar with communication devices such as PDAs, smart phones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Must have high school degree or equivalent work experience
· Must have minimum of 1 year sales and/or customer service experience
· Knowledge of cable or telecommunications services
· Experience with consumer education of products and services
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Ability to maintain a high level of self-motivation
· Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
· Majority of time is spent in an outside environment with exposure to inclement weather and minimal time in an office environment
· Must be able to lift 10-20 pounds for 20 – 30 feet (digital boxes, etc.)
· Exposure to moderate noise levels
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends
· Occassionally required to work over 40 hours/week as the business needs dictate
Charter is an equal opportunity employer.
Charter Communications - 2 years ago
Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential...