Outside Sales Rep- Hickory, NC
This position is responsible for soliciting new residential customers through direct door-to-door contact, explaining products and services available to potential customers, and obtaining customer orders to meet established sales objectives and increase sales volume. This position will travel 80%+ of time in a designated territory using a personal vehicle, be responsible for accurate completion of all necessary paperwork to support sales activities including sales orders, sales agreements, billing forms and sales reports in a manner consistent with quality control guidelines.
This position is paid a base salary plus commissions with a total earning potential up to six figures! The successful candidate will have sales or customer service experience, a current valid drivers’ license, satisfactory motor vehicle report, and be familiar with communication devices such as PDAs, smart phones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Must have high school degree or equivalent work experience
· Must have minimum of 1 year sales and/or customer service experience
· Knowledge of cable or telecommunications services
· Experience with consumer education of products and services
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Ability to maintain a high level of self-motivation
· Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
· Majority of time is spent in an outside environment with exposure to inclement weather and minimal time in an office environment
· Must be able to lift 10-20 pounds for 20 – 30 feet (digital boxes, etc.)
· Exposure to moderate noise levels
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends
· Occassionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate
Charter is an equal opportunity employer.
Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential...