Outside Storage Sales Specialist II – Remote Based / Washington State Territory
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Outside Storage Sales Specialist II to join our team.
This position will be a home/remote based position and you will be responsible for your assigned territory.
A career as a Storage Sales Specialist is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is an IT technical, consultative selling role whereby the compensation is one based on a 60/40 bi-annual plan (60% base and 40% commission) with quarterly target goals.
- The SSS is responsible for working with their assigned field sales account executives and inside sales teams within our sales division to drive and grow the enterprise business within their specific customer account set.
- As the SSS, it is expected that you will be work interdependently with account team members, but be very effective independently to grow the Enterprise business. As you are the lead enterprise resource within your sales account team, you are responsible for discovering, identifying, qualifying and closing Enterprise Server, Storage and Services technology solutions that we sell to our customers. You will be responsible for developing the strategic enterprise sales business plan for the team to execute successfully to grow the enterprise.
- The SSS works with the account team to identify the customer IT decision makers and key influencers within the agency in order to build trusting customer relationships that enable Dell to become primary partner of choice for Enterprise technology solutions. The SSS must be able to identify and overcome the technical barriers associated with the customers IT decision making process.
- With a focus on delivering solutions that meet/exceed the IT and Business requirements of our customers which often times are highly complex enterprise solutions, the SSS is also responsible for establishing and developing key relationships with S&P and services partners that allow the account team to offer comprehensive enterprise solutions for their diverse customer environments.
- In working to develop the solution for the customer, utilizing PowerEdge Servers, Dell Equallogic and PowerVault Storage, Dell Professional Services, as well as products from Software/Hardware/Peripheral partners, the SSS serves as the technical lead in designing and architecting solutions that not only meet/exceed the IT and business goals, but also deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in selling data center solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data center challenges including but not limited to virtualization, storage, application workload management, and IT simplification/consolidation, server hardware.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- Strong knowledge of the reseller channel partners within the territory.
- BA/BS or post graduate degree from accredited college or university in a related field of study.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell - 22 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...