Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our rapidly expanding Team Sales Division, we are sourcing outside sales professionals to become the newest members of our team. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for managing a sales territory, calling on Schools, Youth Organizations, and other Institutional business, selling athletic and physical education equipment through personal relationships, generating quotes and orders to over-achieve your sales quotas. Salary is commission with a bi-weekly draw.
- Cultivate leads; seek out new business opportunities by developing a referral network that can generate leads.
- Establish community contacts with decision makers, coaches, and athletic directors
- Initiate phone calls and in-person visits to Schools, Youth Organizations, and other Institutional businesses
- Seek involvement with sports organizations to develop networked leads
- Follow up on all leads and referrals resulting from field activity or from in-bound leads
- Determines make, type, and quality of products that will best match customer-s needs
- Establish and maintain both current and potential customer relationships
- Maintain customer record logs, and lists either electronically (in email client), or other method
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff
- Maintain sales materials, product brochures and business card supplies
- Maintains merchandising standards and assists in ad sets, price changes, and pro-actively plans for future events
- Exhibits personal flexibility to ensure attendance for all key business events relative to department
- Maintain open lines of communication with vendors, customers and team sales management
- Maintain accurate and organized files
Skills / Requirements
NOTE: A company gas card and cell phone are provided along with 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Sport Chalet is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
- Minimum 2-5 years of successful experience in a competitive sales environment
- Ability to influence and persuade others; strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and selling abilities
- Goal oriented with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to accurately maintain accounting of sales and goals
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule with good time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients, so the possession of a valid state drivers license, current auto-insurance and a reliable vehicle is required
- Coaching or sports related background is helpful and preferred
- Having an existing client base, or "Book" is also highly preferred
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...