Union represented position - Local 369 UWUA
Starting rate of pay: $36.58/hr., great benefits package!
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
7:30AM - 4:00PM
Role and Scope of Position:
The title, Overhead Lineworker, designates employees working in the field in connection with the construction, operations, inspection and maintenance of transmission and distribution systems, including overhead and underground lines and equipment. Generally works in configurations of 1, 2, and 3 person crews as a self-directed crew, with limited supervision.
To be considered for this position, applicants must:
- Have 3 years experience and knowledge of transmission and distribution systems, including overhead and underground energized line work, and must successfully complete NSTAR training programs.
- Possess a valid driver's license. CDL A preferred.
- Have a mechanical aptitude, be safety conscious and have a history of safe work habits.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully pass the CAST test, physical prescreen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and support a diversified environment. It is the policy and practice of NSTAR Electric & Gas to employ persons and to assign work, pay, promote and offer training to all persons on the same basis without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran.