The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Experience / Requirements:
- Complete the duties and responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
- Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the store.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR (Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
- Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office.
- Ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time.
- Ensure the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
- Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and ice cream (where applicable) for the store.
- Merchandise the seasonal aisle and non-seasonal, basic, and seasonal end-caps.
- Ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
- Execute weekly sales ads and price changes.
- Process recalled, damaged, and transferred merchandise.
- Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers.
- Check vendor deliveries to verify vendor invoice information; enter the invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
- Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Utilize Staffworks software to complete the associate work schedule.
- Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
- Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
- Request store maintenance when required.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the store, both inside and outside.
In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
At least two (2) years of experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer service industry, preferably at a supervisor level, and/or a two (2) year college degree.
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...