GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF JOB KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
While following all safety and hazardous material handling procedures and adhering to all Company policies and procedures, is primarily responsible for the accurate, safe, prompt, and secure delivery of materials as dictated by customer orders and/or material transfers. Between deliveries, is responsible for or participates in activities including but not limited to order pulling and preparation, merchandising and stocking, vehicle maintenance, customer service, the proper processing of applicable paperwork and store maintenance. Generally drives a truck but may also drive other vehicles not requiring a commercial driver’s license.
The qualification of drivers will be those listed in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 and those exemptions provided by the Colorado Department of Public Safety for CFR49 Part 391 Sub Part E.
All employees who operate a Kwal delivery vehicle must have a valid Colorado Class R or higher license. Employees who operate a Kwal vehicle transporting a hazardous material that requires a placard must have a commercial driver’s license with a hazardous materials endorsement.
Drivers will operate the company provided vehicle safely and within the laws of any and all jurisdictions traversed.
Drivers will be responsible for all fines and penalties assessed for violations incurred that fall within the drivers’ control.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF JOB
TYPES OF DECISION MAKING REQUIRED
- Professional in appearance as described by the Employee Handbook.
- Deliver all materials safely, and in a timely manner.
- Make certain that ordered product indicated on the invoice or delivery authorization document is loaded on the vehicle.
- Drivers will obtain a signature from the customer or the customer agent indicating that the merchandise as ordered was received.
- Ensure that all orders are accurately prepared and filled.
- Work with the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to insure that all stock is in the proper place, clean and well maintained.
- Ensure cleanliness, maintenance and safety of store, equipment and delivery vehicle(s).
- Drivers are required to maintain the appearance of the vehicle.
- Company required record will be maintained by the driver. This record will consist of but not be limited to; all trips or stops made, a record of the vehicles condition.
- Driver will report all unsafe conditions before operating the vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience as a driver is desired as well as retail and customer service experience.
- Ability to operate a computer and keyboard.
- Good color eyes and color perception to be able to tint paint.
- Good interpersonal skills as it apply to communication between employees, customers and the public.
- Ability to speak Spanish desired, but not required.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs. frequently during the day.
- Must be able to work all schedule hours needed.
Nothing says more about Comex Group than the way our products translate into our customers’ success. Identifying new opportunities to respond to customer needs is a challenge our people relish. The creativity, innovation, talent, and commitment are among the attributes our employees bring to their work, and in turn, to the quality of our products. Each of our brands represents our employees’ passion for a job well done, shown in the thousands of loyal customers we serve every day.
Having grown dramatically from a collection of small family businesses to a major industrial corporation, Comex Group produces paints and coatings customers count on for quality across North and Central America.
Through our subsidiary companies: General Paint, Parker Paint, Frazee Paint, Kwal Paint, ColorWheel Paint and Comex Paint, we deliver the comprehensive cross-border solutions customers seek. Superior performance, expert advice and the most convenient service distinguish Comex Group brands wherever our products are sold.
We’re passionate about working in partnership with customers to formulate architectural paints, industrial coatings, automotive finishes, waterproof coatings and wood-care products that achieve desired results and set the industry standard for excellence.
Comex Group offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package! Medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Supplemental programs, COMPANY PAID long term disability, life and AD&D, 401(k) Plan, PENSION PLAN, and more! One of the most generous benefit plans you’ll find!
To learn more about our dynamic company, comprehensive benefits and our progressive initiatives in support of our diverse workforce, visit us at:
Comex Group - 2 years ago